Deus Ex Patch Fixes
March 16, 2001
In version 1.112fm:
- Blocked some cheats related to overriding the local console or root window.
- Doors opened by buttons in multiplayer work properly now.
- Opening a door in multiplayer automatically unlocks it, whether opened by
button or by lockpicking.
- Fixed some potential problems with locked double doors in multiplayer.
- Disabling screenflashes no longer has an effect on multiplayer. Multiplayer
always has screenflashes on.
- The server information window in the join game screen now indicates whether
or not a server is password protected.
- Mousewheel support for remote clients has been fixed to be consistent with
mousewheel use for the singleplayer game.
- If a server is listed as full on the join game screen, you cannot join it.
If you refresh the list and the server is no longer listed as full, you can
- The viewplayer command no longer works in multiplayer games. Mod makers
can change this by overriding the CanSpectate function.
- Looting corpses while carrying no weapons no longer gives you increased
- The flamethrower was generating log warning messages under certain circumstances.
Those have been fixed.
- Dropping a weapon and then picking it up caused its ammo count to get messed
up, causing problems when you tried to restock it with an ammo crate. This
has been fixed.
- LAMs become disabled when the person who placed them leaves the game.
- You can no longer lean on other players to kill them.
- Leaning occasionally caused people to rotate wierdly. This has been fixed.
- Under certain circumstances, the vision augmentation could be broken until
you died and respawned. This has been fixed.
- All locked doors in multiplayer should close properly now and will not
get stuck open.
- Keypads and locked doors lock after 28 seconds instead of 30 seconds. This
prevents people from looting the same cabinet twice for one pick attempt.
- Singleplayer energy shield was only blocking 70% damage at max level instead
of the 80% of the original singleplayer game. It has been put back to 80%.
- If you hit the buy skills key in a singleplayer game, the belt will no longer
- Grenade placement animation works correctly now.
- Grenades can no longer be placed on selectable objects (computers, weapons
on the weapon rack). This includes doors. This prevents players from hiding
grenades behind computers, GEP guns, etc.
- At very low framerates(for the server or singleplayer), lockpicking and
multitooling took longer than they should. This has been fixed.
- Pings now sort correctly on the join game screen.
- In multiplayer, when coming out of water, clients occasionally did not get
their eye heights adjusted properly, and would appear (to themselves) to be
crouched. This has been fixed.
- Elevator buttons should stay in better sync now.
- Next item/ Previous item commands (by default bound to the mousewheel) should
work better in multiplayer.
- The inventory screen can no longer be activated at the end of a match.
- The player death sequence should no longer occasionally freeze in singleplayer.
- The multiplayer scoreboard only highlights your player in gold, even if
other players have the same name.
- You can no longer exploit the regeneration augmentation by toggling it on
and off very quickly (resulting in almost instant healing for almost no cost).
- Fixed a situation in which cloaked people were occasionally slightly visible
just after coming into the room or around a corner.
- Fixed a bug in multiplayer in which you could turn 2 biocells, lockpicks,
medkits, grenades, or multitools into a lot by clicking very quickly.
- Fixed a bug in singleplayer in which corpses occasionally became placeholder
boxes (garish boxes bearing the legend "Do not place").
- Fixed a bug in which firing a rapid-fire weapon immediately after drawing
it could get the weapon stuck in a bad state.
- Repair bots should no longer be accessible through closed repairbot bay
doors in multiplayer.
- The listen client player will not bleed from the previous deathblow after
- In a DeathMatchGame, if there is a winning tie at all, the match will be
called a draw.
- A certain class of cheats was available by using alternate root windows.
The standard deathmatch and team deathmatch games now kick players who are
using a different root window, and support has been added for mod teams to
insist on their own windows.
- Text files can now be read in from packages other than deusextext.u. This
affects class Computers (emails/bulletins) and class InformationDevices(datacubes,
books, etc). A new property "TextPackage" specifies the package from which
the text comes.
- Targeting augmentation now displays hit location at which you are aiming
- Throwing knife does 17 base damage instead of 25.
- Plasma does 8 base damage instead of 12.
- Energy shield blocks 50% of damage instead of 80%. Drains 25 energy per
minute instead of 40.
- You can now chat while dead, while at the end of a match, or while logged
into a computer.
- Checkboxes on the join game screen are now slightly more user friendly.
Turning off one of team/non-team also turns off the "show-all" checkbox.
- A GEP gun no longer maintains its lock while reloading. You must get a fresh
lock for every shot.
- Leg damage no longer slows you down (unless you completely lose them)
- In team games, you should be less likely to spawn into battles between teammates
- Added functionality so that administrators can more easily kick the players
that they intend to kick. (See MP Administration doc)
- If you receive a datalink while logged into a computer, the datalink now
plays properly when you exit the computer. This was most noticeable when sending
the transmission to the NSF after Paul asks you to do so.
Changes for the Mod Community:
- Singleplayer mods are now able to use classes other than JCDenton for the
player character. Override the ApproveClass function in DeusEx.DeusExGameInfo.
- Multiplayer mods can now add new gametypes in configs, as well as new classes
and teams. To add new teams, you will need to override the ApproveTeam function
in DeusEx.TeamDMGame. New classes and teams will also require new portraits.
- It is now easier to have new gametypes in packages other than DeusEx.u.